Job title: Senior Associate Scientist
Job description: Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 157720 – Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Who We Are
Colgate-Palmolive Company is a caring, innovative growth company that is reimagining a healthier future for all people, their pets and our planet. Focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, we sell our products in more than 200 countries and territories under brands such as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, hello, meridol, Sorriso, Tom’s of Maine, EltaMD, Filorga, Irish Spring, PCA SKIN, Protex, Sanex, Softsoap, Speed Stick, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Pet Nutrition.
We are recognized for our leadership and innovation in promoting sustainability and community wellbeing, including our achievements in decreasing plastic waste and promoting recyclability, saving water, conserving natural resources and improving children’s oral health.
If you want to work for a company that lives by their values, then give your career a reason to smile and join our global team!
Would you like to be part of a team that is building a future to smile about? What about having the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world, full of stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions?
If this is how you see your career, Colgate is the place to be!
Our diligent household brands, dedicated employees, and sustainability commitments make us passionate about building a future to smile about for our employees, consumers, and surrounding communities. We, at Colgate, take immense pride in our brand which fuels our workplace to encourage innovative thinking, champion experimentation, promote authenticity and thus add to our enduring success.
If you want to work for a company that lives by their values, then give your career a reason to smile…every single day !
We have an amazing & exciting opportunity within our Implementation & Support team. This position is primarily responsible for identifying new product development opportunities by better understanding consumer, customer and business trends (unmet needs) and translates those opportunities into prototypes (MVP) and gain support of internal stakeholders (marketing, supply chain and GTCs) and bring the idea to life in form of a marketable product. This position works closely with the team lead to implement projects (existing ideas or briefs from marketing/CICs) to achieve desired business results. This position must evaluate existing formulations and come up with innovative ideas to simplify the formula / process which can result in potential savings (FTG) for the organization. This role requires the incumbent to partner with multiple collaborators both within & outside the GTC and achieve win-win partnerships at all times. In addition the incumbent must attain excellence in operations (compliance to safety, quality and regulatory guidelines, smooth pilot plant operations etc.)while working on new product development initiatives.
You will get to –
- Independently lead pilot plant operations and ensure 100% compliance to all safety, quality and regulatory requirements for the assigned product / brand.
- Leverage Science & data analytics to identify potential problems or opportunities and create appropriate action plan in consultation with manager to address the same
- Provide excellent support for all on-going and new product development projects & initiatives such as margin improvement programs to improve bottom line.
- Apply statistical approaches to experimental design to enhance learning with the least amount of time and with minimum resources
- Be 100% compliant to all Product Safety, Quality, and Regulatory requirements to operate with cost-effectiveness and speed throughout the product life cycle.
- Gain expertise in respective product category fundamentals and develop capability to independently implement projects from conceptualization to implementation on the ground.
- Share internal and external technical knowledge discoveries, ideas, and vision with colleagues through documentation, presentations, publications, and patents
- Lead supplier qualification programs for raw & packing materials & provide required support to packaging material qualification programs.
- Be agile and respond quickly to changing consumer and/or business expectations
- Stays abreast of the latest technical developments & breakthroughs, changing market conditions, competitor activities & consumer trends through different avenues.
- Integrate technological breakthroughs and consumer insights to develop any new products, innovative technologies, creative approaches, or new processes
- Develop impactful claims for all existing & new products leading to balanced business growth.
- Translate technical attributes into simple, consumer-relevant benefits and concept
- Build formal & informal networks to constantly stay updated with new technology trends and breakthroughs
- Partner closely with commercial & supply chain functions to drive sustainable business growth and build strong business insight (end to end business understanding)
- Constantly see opportunities to improve existing systems & processes which helps to improve process compliance and improve speed to market for all existing and new products.
- Leverage Colgate’s performance management & development process to improve one’s own performance & capability.
Our Commitment to Sustainability
With the Colgate brand in more homes than any other, we are presented with great opportunities and new challenges as we work to integrate sustainability into all aspects of our business and create positive social impact. We are determined to position ourselves for further growth as we act on our 2025 Sustainability & Social Impact Strategy.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our purpose starts with our people – ensuring our workforce represents the people and communities we serve -and creating an environment where our people feel they belong; where we can be our authentic selves, feel treated with respect and have the support of leadership to impact the business in a meaningful way.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Job date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 02:22:58 GMT