Job title: Senior Advisor for HIV – Health Systems and Integration (USAID/India – PEPFAR)- Local Nationals ONLY
Job description: About Us
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over 100 countries and implemented over 300 projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL) and institutional support across many areas and sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, agriculture, economic growth, food security, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Senior Advisor for HIV- Health Systems and Integration (PEPFAR)
Department/Location: USAID/India Health Office Delhi
Reports To: ISPI Project Manager
Type: Regular Full-Time (1 year contract, plus possible 1 year extension)
Classification: Senior Level Advisor
Clearance Required: Facilities Access (applied for on hiring)
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in institutional support and monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global.
The Global Health Training, Advisory and Support Contract (GHTASC) delivers effective global health programming to advance the mission of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Bureau for Global Health (GH) through institutional support and workforce development services from junior, mid-level, senior and expert advisory and administrative professionals.
The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Strategy for Accelerating HIV/AIDS Epidemic Control supports HIV/AIDS efforts in India, ensuring access to services by all populations, including the most vulnerable and at-risk groups. USAID supports the Government of India’s (GOI) goal to achieve its 95:95:95 targets by accelerating the national HIV/AIDS response through technical assistance; testing innovating approaches; and scaling up high-impact interventions to reach, test, treat and save the lives of people living with HIV.
This advisor will support efforts to strengthen HIV Health Systems and integration with state and national health workforce investments, to ensure better coordination with other key stakeholders. This individual will work closely to refine and implement sustainability roadmaps to ensure greater fidelity and scale-up of critical HIV investments in the health system lens through a whole-of-government approach to ensure efficient and effective transition of the HIV response to the national government. This includes strategic information, digital systems as well as other building blocks of health systems strengthening, including data quality.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide up to date technical guidance on a broad range of integrated health systems of HIV/AIDS-related interventions, including providing guidance in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluations of HIV/AIDS programs.
- Provide technical guidance in quality and performance improvement, working with key stakeholders to improve the quality of HIV/AIDS-related interventions, by applying evidence-based guidelines, approaches, and tools.
- Provide guidance to the Mission and the Ministry of Health, serving as advisor for all strategic and policy issues related to HIV/AIDS programming on health systems planning, strengthening and integration for mainstreaming the HIV response.
- Through literature review, research and regular communication with local and international stakeholders, stay abreast of emerging developments in the national and global HIV/AIDS landscape, and advise accordingly on how policies, strategies, and technical guidelines can most effectively be incorporated to enable the Mission to maintain fidelity and relevance in its HIV/AIDS programs.
- Provide technical guidance to advance strategic objectives related to key HIV/AIDS interventions.
- Support multi stakeholder discussions and write knowledge products that advance the sustainability agenda for the country.
- Provide on-going technical assistance to ensure that activities are evidence-based and that services are transparent, equitable, of high quality and responsive to client needs; that partners practice sound management and robust accounting; and that local partners are prepared to assume and sustain leadership.
- Support on-site technical assistance as needed, to advance HSS goals at the focused cluster levels in Maharashtra, Telangana, Mizoram, Manipur, and Nagaland, and any other sub-national unit as deemed necessary for advancing technical assistance for HIV programming.
- Work closely with other staff in the Health Office to optimize opportunities for cross-sectoral integration and leverage resources across the different program components.
- Support in drafting technical documentation such as performance reports, scopes of work, briefing papers, concept papers and conduct analyses to develop strategies, monitor ongoing programs, and report on project achievements and interventions.
- Work closely with the Health Office team to ensure strategic communication around health systems strengthening efforts.
- Write knowledge productions on sustainability roadmap planning and develop communiques on audience-specific messaging.
- Other duties as assigned.
Deliverables: Routine reports to document ongoing technical support (weekly).
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in HIV/AIDS-related interventions, program design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- In-depth knowledge of health systems planning, strengthening, and integration for mainstreaming the HIV response.
- Proven ability to provide technical guidance and support in quality and performance improvement of HIV/AIDS interventions using evidence-based guidelines, approaches, and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are crucial for producing knowledge products, reports, and documentation, as well as effectively communicating with stakeholders and partners.
- Experience in working with various stakeholders, including government agencies, NGOs, and international organizations, to advance strategic objectives and facilitate multi-stakeholder discussions.
- Proven track record in providing technical assistance and capacity-building support to partners and local organizations to ensure evidence-based, transparent, equitable, and high-quality services.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to develop strategies, monitor ongoing programs, and report on project achievements and interventions.
- Experience in strategic communication and developing audience-specific messaging related to health systems strengthening efforts.
- Oral and written fluency in English required, fluency in another language preferred.
- Master’s Degree with 10 years, Bachelor’s with 12 years, Associate’s degree with 14 years or High School with 16 years of relevant education and experience in Logistics, Business, Project Management, Public Health, International Development, or other related areas.
- Innovation: Employee takes initiative to propose new ideas/approaches, and demonstrates ability to find new and better ways to accomplish work.
- Customer Service: Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
- Accountability: Takes ownership of work responsibilities and holds high standards. Keeps commitments and takes appropriate actions to ensure obligations are met. Pursues efficiency and effectiveness and adheres to Organization policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal Skills: Employee demonstrates ability to work in cooperation with others and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, subordinates, clients and other outside contacts.
- Continual Learning: Assesses and recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues professional development that is aligned with organizational role, contribution, and goals. Proactively shares knowledge with others to foster learning across the Organization.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in India.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education & human capacity development, energy & infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page, ).
Job date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 23:38:27 GMT