Job title: Samhita – eCommerce Specialist – ONDC (8-10 yrs)
Job description: E-Commerce Specialist (Associate Director level) – ONDC
Organisation Overview (Samhita.org):
Samhita-CGF is an impact catalyst – we are pioneers and innovators in the social space, and are passionate about bringing together stakeholders from the private, public, philanthropy, social, and financial sectors, and collaborating to bring about unprecedented catalytic change. In alignment with UNSGDs, we are on a mission to positively impact 10 million lives by 2030, 50% of which will be women, by co-creating measurable, scalable and sustainable solutions that are CSR and FCRA compliant.
Over the past 13 years since our establishment, we have already impacted over 16 million lives, while partnering with 350+ social organizations, 250+ corporate and individual donors, and 30+ government foundations and international aid agencies. We aim to drive holistic social development for our participants by ensuring they are given access to multiple interventions ranging from livelihoods, skilling, social protection, digital empowerment, and financial inclusion.
ONDC is an open-source network for digital commerce which intends to “democratise digital commerce” by carving a level-playing field for the e-commerce giants and the small sellers. It is looked upon as the UPI for e-commerce having the capability to fuel the growth of the e-commerce market in India. In the ONDC network, sellers can voluntarily choose to display their products and services throughout the platforms and apps which have joined the same. This initiative will not only facilitate the rapid adoption of e-commerce but also boost and strengthen the growth of start-ups in India. By facilitating scalable and cost-effective e-commerce through the open protocol, ONDC will empower start-ups to grow collaboratively.
The E-Commerce Specialist will be responsible for building an E-commerce seller network on the ONDC platform ranging across categories like retail, food processing, handicrafts, handlooms, Apparel, Agriculture, Farmers, Electronics. The incumbent will be responsible for collaborating with multiple stakeholders to manage all aspects of the E-Commerce seller network on the ONDC platform and will also oversee brand management, product management, product marketing, business planning, content strategy and development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Drive and deliver growth and marketing campaigns focused on getting the sellers to the platform and take ownership of identifying, onboarding, executing and scaling up of the model, and building use cases.
– Design digital marketing and social media campaigns aimed at MSME’s to build awareness, credibility and trust.
– Will be responsible for driving the seller network participant participation, revenue growth, retention, engagement and scaling up of the seller network on the platform.
– Focus on development and execution of strategic plan with all the actors in the network
– Manage seller network participant experience on the platform including seamless onboarding, easy navigation, content development, promotional campaigns, etc.
– Provide expertise on latest trends and best practices in the e-commerce space
– Oversee the day to day business needs on the platform, focus on all areas of digital operations, merchandising, creating a positive selling experience, and support the sellers to be platform ready.
– Will closely work with both all the stakeholders to articulate software and integration requirements to support the marketplace vision.
– Work with the team of developers, tech experts by giving them detailed specifications, engage in continuous assessment and planning to ensure that the platform is configured in line with the requirement and is tested to meet the needs of the seller network.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
– 12 to 15 years of experience in handling large ecommerce projects.
– Extensive knowledge of e-commerce ecosystem and hands on experience leveraging technology will be preferred
– Post-Graduation degree in E commerce, Marketing or related field from reputed college
– Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience in interpreting data, consumer insights
– Strong business judgement and decision making skills, ability to prioritize and articulate plans and initiatives
– Ability to transform complex concepts into simple and executable plans to improve customer experience.
– Ability to work through ambiguity in a fast-paced, changing business environment.
Work Location: Mumbai \ Delhi
– Make a big difference: Take, own and implement.
– Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting-edge management and research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
– Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions – doing well by doing well
– Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, Michael and Susan Dell Foundation, Omidyar Network, Walmart Foundation, Microsoft India, Google India, Adidas India, Tata Motor Finance and many more.
– Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.