Job title: R&D Engineer 3, Hardware
Company: Keysight Technologies
Job description: is on the forefront of technology innovation, delivering breakthroughs and trusted insights to the world’s visionaries and innovators in electronic design, simulation, prototyping, test, manufacturing, and optimization. Our ~15,000 employees create world-class solutions in communications, 5G, automotive, energy, quantum, aerospace, defense, and semiconductor markets for customers in over 100 countries. Our technical solutions – and our methods for creating them – help connect and secure the world. Learn more
Our powerful culture has led to us being independently recognized on We’re driven, collaborative, ethical, and curious, and we value all ideas, especially bold ones. And our culture extends far beyond our own walls. Our corporate social responsibility efforts support our communities, nurture the next generation of engineers, and promote environmental sustainability.
At Keysight, Inclusion, Equity & Diversity is an integral part of our core values. We believe that when people feel a sense of belonging, they can be more creative, innovative, and thrive at all points in their careers. We believe everyone should be respected in the workplace and in their communities regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any protected class. We continuously challenge ourselves to grow in our understanding of inclusion by engaging in a wide variety of diversity programs, initiatives, employee network groups and mentoring/development.
The MSGP (MMIC, Subsystems, Gateware and Processing) section within Keysight labs in India supports a global team of MMIC and Subsystems Engineers that design leading mmWave front-end products. These products address variety of market applications (5G, Automotive Radar, Aer/Defense) partnering with Solutions Groups.
We have an opportunity for an experienced hardware design engineer to join our team. Candidate will be responsible for the following:
In this role,
- You will focus converting block diagrams into PCB based instrument cards that span digital, power supply and RF/mmWave domain.
- Create a schematic by choosing components that meet the specification provided in the block diagram
- Simulating performance critical sections of the PCB using industry standard tools like LTSpice / ADS
- Do hand calculations along with simulations to prove performance incremental or critical trade-offs, based on sound engineering rationale, when they must be made.
- Layout of board of high complexity using HDI PCB practices
Your daily activities will involve working closely with Board Designers in a globally distributed team, so flexibility to work late or early hours is important.
- Board schematic capture
- Circuit Simulation of performance critical sections
- Board Layout
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering and a minimum of 8 years of work experience or EE Masters with 4 to 5 years of experience in Board Design.
- Must haves for Schematic capture and Simulation Experience –
- Can demonstrate the analysis of analog and digital power circuits without using a computer
- Reads datasheets and understands specifications of electronic components
- Creates simulation models on their test benches, and documentation analysis findings with minimum guidance
- Hand-draw clear schematics
- Understands circuit analysis in the time domain and the frequency domain.
- Experience in integrating over 3D Design constraints like box outlines or shields.
- Must haves for Layout Experience –
- Completed at least 10 to 12 board layouts of > 10 layers and varying domain (High Speed Digital, Analog) complexity. Experience in Mentor Expedition design tools is a strong desire, although people with Experience in PADS/Altium/Allegro can also apply
- Understands Heat transfer in a PCB Context
- Understands Signal integrity.
- Experience in selecting stack ups based on applications
- Understands latest PCB Technology trends and DFM/DFT/DFA and attempts to apply them in current context
- Familiar with LTspice, ADS.
- Experienced with device measurements and test equipment such as an oscilloscope or VNA is a plus
- Hands on experience with semiconductor measurement, including device fixturing is a plus
Full Time (F)
Duration (Temp Positions Only): Not Applicable
***Keysight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.***
Candidates can be considered to work from the following locations:
APAC : India : Haryana : Gurugram