Job title: Principal Engineer- Test Equipment Architect
Company: Raytheon Technologies
Job description: Date Posted: 2024-01-19
Location: North Gate Business Park Sy.No 2/1, and Sy.No 2/2, KIAL Road, Venkatala Village, Chowdeshwari Layout, Yelahanka, Bangalore, Karnataka 560064
Position Role Type: Unspecified
In this role the Principal Engineer will actively drive test equipment requirements and architecture development, chair test equipment design reviews and review of test engineering artifacts, support proposal creation and capability presentation and mentor senior lead engineers on test equipment design and development
In performing these activities, the Staff engineer will interface with Customers, External Suppliers, Program Managers, Engineering Managers, Mechanical, Software, Electrical, and Systems Engineers, as well as the Manufacturing organization and report to Test Engineering technical manager.
Position: Principal Engineer (P4), Test Equipment Architect
- Support the engineering organizations in new business pursuits, including customer technical visits, preparation of RFQ responses, preparation of technical proposals
- Derive test equipment requirements from customer and system specifications requirements
- Direct and support development of test equipment electrical, mechanical, and software specifications to test end items.
- Oversee and manage requirements tracking Develop test architecture for Automatic Test Equipment (ATE)
- Drive trade studies, prototype creation, simulation for critical design concepts
- Supervise/ review test equipment design drawings, schematics, BoM and assembly instructions for ATE and software modules thereof using LabVIEW as per design specification
- Review verification and validation procedures for ATE to ensure system will perform as specified to meet customer and system requirements.
- Develop systems integration plan and drive cross-functional team efforts in integration, verification, validation and commissioning of test equipment
- Manage the development of Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) from conception through implementation
- Support failure investigation by identifying root cause and develop corrective action for manufacturing and customer level systems integration and test failures
- Review test engineering artifacts like design documents, test plan, user Manual and related documents
- Communicate technical issues through written, verbal and presentation media
- Share best practices in test engineering across the engineering organization and drive implementation of latest industrial trends in test engineering
- Experience in architecting test systems
- Experience of programming in LabVIEW, LabVIEW FPGA, LabVIEW OOPS, LabVIEW RT
- Experience in Test equipment hardware design including component selection, review of electrical drawings, schematics and assembly drawings of ATE.
- Hands on experience on various test equipment like NI Hardware, Third party Data Acquisition Systems, DSO, DMM, Analyser, signal generators etc.
- Knowledge in communications protocols like Serial, Ethernet, CAN and ARINC
- Experience in usage of tools for requirements management, configuration control, project server, MS OFFICE
- Ability to identify problems, perform root cause analysis, and implement corrective actions
- Experience in Aerospace domain- knowledge of DO-160 and DO-178 and DO 330 is preferred.
- Familiarity with tools like AutoCAD, OrCAD, pSPICE and MS Visio preferable
- Optionally qualified to either a National Instruments CLD or CLA
- Qualification: – BE / B-Tech / ME / M-Tech Electrical/ Electronics/Instrumentation Engineering
- Desired Experience: 10-14 Years
- Location: – Bangalore
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Transportation facility.
- Meal coupons
- Group Term Life Insurance.
- Group Health Insurance.
- Group Personal Accident Insurance.
- Entitled for 18 days of vacation and days of contingency leave annually.
- Employee scholar programme.
- Work life balance.
- Car lease programme.
- National Pension Scheme
- Fuel & Maintenance /Driver wages
- Meal vouchers
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all India positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the India)
- Drug Screen only performed for Operations Positions
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this to read the Policy and Terms
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka – Yelahanka, Karnataka
Job date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 06:57:41 GMT