Job title: PocketFM – Manager – Content & Licensing Acquisition (4-10 yrs)
Company: Pocket FM
Job description: About Pocket FM:
– It’s an amazing time to join Pocket FM as we continue shaping the future of entertainment globally with audio series. With a strong repository of long-form storytelling, Pocket FM has evolved as the powerhouse of entertainment.
– Our mission is to give wings and wisdom to stories, transforming them into a strong entertainment package. Pocket FM has grown to 80 million listeners community, spending an average of over 150 minutes every day, while the total streaming on the app counts to over 4 billion minutes monthly.
– Pocket FM is looking for an experienced and data-driven Content Licensing Manager to help define and execute our content acquisition strategy in India. This individual should have a deep understanding of digital content and have existing relationships with publishers, IP owners who can be potential partners for Pocket FM.
– Someone who can identify strategic content opportunities, is meticulous, and is able to think big while being agile in execution. This person should be able to adapt to a face-paced work environment, should be a critical thinker and be adept at taking informed decisions independently without handholding.
– Develop an acquisition strategy for India and execute it. This includes planning, striking deals with content partners, managing partnerships and building strong relationships.
– Independently drive partner negotiations, contract closures, commercial negotiations and execution with publishers, IP owners. Manage and optimise all operational related processes.
– Collaborate with internal teams across all functional areas to streamline the region’s licensing process and implement the licensing team’s vision and strategy
– Establish business reviews with partners and senior stakeholders within Pocket FM to track and evaluate partner and content performance
– Work on analysis projects on user engagement and behaviour to forecast and optimise all content related performances and cost
– 4-5 years of experience in content licensing roles in India
– Experience in the entertainment industry, particularly with OTT experience. Someone who has worked with clients across regional languages is a plus.
– Seasoned at account management, business development and content licensing
– Strong analytical skills and negotiating skills to enable closure of complex licensing deals
– Agility and strong interpersonal skills to work with multiple internal teams.
– Knowledge of the digital audio and content landscape
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra – Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Sat, 10 Feb 2024 04:08:03 GMT