Job title: Finance Assistant
Company: International Labour Organization
Job description: Grade: G5
Publication date: 08 November 2023
Application deadline (midnight India time): 29 November 2023
Vacancy no.: RB/NEWDELHI/G5/2023/18
Job ID: 11393
Department: RO-Asia and the Pacific
Organization Unit: DWT/CO-New Delhi
Location: New Delhi
Contract type: Fixed Term
Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General.
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
*The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to specific local recruitment criteria. The ILO may only offer a contract to persons who have a valid residency status and work permit in India.
The ILO values diversity among its staff and welcomes applications from qualified female candidates. We also encourage applicants with disabilities. If you are unable to complete our online application form due to a disability, please send an email to .
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A one-year fixed-term contract will be given. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade. The entry level salary for this position is INR 935,497.00/- yearly, less deductions for pension and medical.
This position is located in the Administrative and Finance work unit in the Decent Work Technical Support Team/Country Office (DWT/CO) for South Asia and India, New Delhi. This work unit provides wide range of financial and administrative services to the DWT/CO, India, I order to support the effective implementation of activities in India and South Asia.
As a team member, the incumbent provides a range of specialized finance and administrative support services in an efficient, effective and client-oriented manner. Work involves using the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to process transactions for financial clearance and payment processing. The incumbent performs at a fully operational level and resolves a variety of recurring and non-recurring operational issues, requiring the correct application of financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines. The position works under the supervision of […indicate title of the position]. Supervision received is focused on the timeliness of process execution and the quality of outputs. The incumbent works with a moderate degree of independence. Work is reviewed for correctness in application of financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines.
Internal contacts are with staff and managers in field offices, project locations and headquarters to provide support and exchange information on specialized processes and issues related to service delivery. The incumbent regularly liaises with and receives guidance from the regional finance unit. External contacts are primarily with service providers, banks, United Nations (UN) agencies and other international organizations to obtain clarifications and to seek or provide information for the completion of pending issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform a range of specialized finance support functions and services for operational and payment-related work of the Office, including initiating and processing financial transactions in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and verifying that information and supporting documentation is in compliance with financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures and applicable standards.
2. Process accounts receivable including billing, adjustments and changes. Manage cash receipts and petty cash.
3. Undertake monthly bank reconciliation and follow up on outstanding issues including contacting banks to clarify issues on account statements.
4. Monitor expenditure and budget allocations, updating information on local currency bank accounts and informing supervisor when funds need to be replenished.
5. Maintain and update spreadsheets and databases for internal expenditure control purposes. Prepare inputs, run reports and extract and compile financial data and present information on the status of financial resources of the Office to support analysis and reporting needs.
6. Respond to requests for general information and routine queries on status of payments and other budgetary issues.
7. Keep abreast of financial rules and regulations, policies, procedures, guidelines and processes and share information with concerned parties.
8. Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Completion of secondary school education
Minimum of five years of operational or administrative support work experience including providing financial operations support services. Experience of working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
Excellent command of an official language (English, French, Spanish) of the Organization. Working knowledge of another official language of the Organization or an official national language of the duty station.
Knowledge and Competencies (technical/behavioural)
Knowledge of financial administration and/or accounting techniques.
- Knowledge of international accounting standards such as International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) or other international or national accounting standards.
- Good knowledge of PC software (including word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software) such as Microsoft Office.
- In addition to the ILO core competencies [Integrity and transparency, Sensitivity to diversity, Orientation to learning and knowledge sharing, Client orientation, Communication, Orientation to change, Takes responsibility for performance, Quality orientation, Collaboration], this position requires:
- Ability to interpret and work within the applicable financial rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new software and systems.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Sense of responsibility to maintain data integrity.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
ILO core competencies: Integrity and transparency, Sensitivity to diversity, Orientation to learning and knowledge sharing, Client orientation, Communication, Orientation to change, Takes responsibility for performance, Quality orientation, Collaboration.
optional section (only if needed)
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit . The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
ILO is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account – @ilo.org – should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
Location: New Delhi
Job date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 07:28:40 GMT