Job title: EAII Senior Associate MLE AP
Company: Evidence Action
Job description: This position is with EAII Advisors, Evidence Action’s technical partner in India.
Job Title: Senior Associate-MLE
Employment Status: Full Time
Position Location: Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
About EAII Advisors
EAII Advisors, Evidence Action’s technical partner in India, supports the implementation of the school and Anganwadi-based National Deworming Day program, as well as iron and folic acid supplementation programs, across 11 states by providing technical assistance to applicable state ministries of health, education, and women and child development. Moving forward, EAII Advisors aims to expand its impact by collaborating with more state governments on these existing programs, as well as supporting new public health, water, & nutrition programming.
EAII invites applications for the position of Senior Associate-MLE in Andhra Pradesh.
About Evidence Action
Evidence Action aims to be a world leader in scaling evidence-based and cost-effective programs to reduce the burden of poverty for hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places. Last year Deworm the World reached 280 million people with deworming medications, partnering with governments to launch, scale, and sustain mass school-based deworming programs, including in India. Meanwhile, Dispensers for Safe Water provided 4M people across rural Africa with clean water, saving thousands of young lives. The approach relies on an innovative and human-centric design to deliver clean water at the source. These serve as just two examples of the work Evidence Action is undertaking.
In addition to running these scaled programs, Evidence Action leverages its unique Accelerator to develop the next generation of programs. These programs are rigorously tested to ensure exceptional scale, cost-effectiveness, and clear evidence of impact. In 2019 we launched an ambitious new strategy, intending to double our impact over the next five years, with much of that impact coming from new programs identified and scaled through the Accelerator.
Evidence Action has a presence across 9 countries, with major offices and/or technical partners in Nairobi, Kenya; Delhi, India; and Washington, D.C. Evidence Action’s programs have been recognized by GiveWell, the Skoll Foundation, the Life You Can Save, Giving What We Can, and covered in the Economist, NPR, and the New York Times.
About India Safe Water Now
Evidence Action’s Safe Water Now program provides safe drinking water to over 10 million people across rural Uganda, Malawi, and Kenya. Recent evidence highlights that water treatment may be among the most cost-effective interventions available to save young children’s lives, reducing all-cause child mortality by about 25%. The Dispensers for Safe Water (DSW) program, based on research by a Nobel-winning economist, utilizes an innovative and human-centric design to deliver clean water at the source in rural settings, achieving usage rates which are 5x that of comparable interventions. Evidence Action recently launched a next generation technology, In-Line Chlorination (ILC) in Uganda and Malawi, targeting rural, peri-urban, and urban communities, which has the potential to be even more cost-effective. Over the past year, we’ve more than doubled our footprint in East Africa and are actively exploring opportunities for expansion into new countries.
In addition to its longstanding work in East Africa, Evidence Action, through its technical partner in India, EAII Advisors, is launching a major technical assistance program to help the government of India reach 17.5 million people across multiple states with safe water. This complements the Indian government’s effort to bring water access to every household in the country.
About the Position:
Senior Associate– MLE will report to the State Manager-MLE based at the State. The Senior Associate-Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation (MLE), is a member of Evidence Action’s Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation India team supporting the State Manager Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation (MLE) in the successful design and rollout of initiatives for the India Safe Water Now program. As the program portfolio expands, Senior Associate-Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation (MLE) will contribute to exploring and implementing innovative ways of operating at scale with use of technology. Senior Associate-Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation (MLE) must have significant experience and strong interest in monitoring & evaluation & WASH or Health sector. The position will conduct data analysis from various primary and secondary data sources and assist in the planning, implementation and management of data collection and analysis of various research and surveys. The Senior Associate -Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation (MLE) will be involved in other MLE initiatives and will be required to support delivering projects within an agreed timeline and high-quality outputs. As for all staff, Senior Associate-Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation (MLE) must possess a sense of collaboration and mutual understanding and a willingness to assist colleagues.
● Working closely with the State Manager Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation (MLE) to ensure the effective implementation of the new Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation (MLE) strategic initiatives.
● Assisting Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation (MLE) team in the effective implementation of all program monitoring, including training and independent monitoring in the state.
● Working with the Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation (MLE) team for the documentation of all data management and analysis processes as needed.
● Assisting in data validation to prepare it for further analysis as per guidelines developed.
● Assisting Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation (MLE) team in the drafting of RFPs, contracts, and vendor management as appropriate.
● Assisting in contract tracking and ensuring deliverables are being met according to timelines.
● Assisting the Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation (MLE) Manager and team (as appropriate) in identifying literature and sources of data and reports.
● Assisting the Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation (MLE) Manager in the preparation and review of annual work plans for all new initiatives in the select states;
● Coordinate preparation and compilation of reports (monthly, quarterly and annual) with state offices for internal use and reporting to global office and donors as appropriate;
● Will support the documentation of lessons learned and potential best practices from field activities under the Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation (MLE) new initiatives in coordination with state teams and others as appropriate;
● Willing to travel at least 10% of the time, as required
● Assist the state program team in coordinating with State Jal Jeevan Mission for getting data, reports, for coverage-related analysis.
● Prepare an MLE plan for the state, in accordance with the program work plan, and strengthen monitoring and reporting systems.
● Manage MIS at the state level
● Coordinate, and manage surveys carried out by EAII at state level.
● Coordinate with all field level staff hired by EA for data collection and quality assurance.
● Prepare periodic analysis of the data for the SW programs in the state and share analysis/reports on time with SPM for review and joint development of recommendations
● Assist the team with data-related reporting by documenting program activities, best practices, and providing technical support related to MLE.
● Ensure data collected through different tools get and complied and reporting formats/templates are aligned with program requirements.
● Manage secondary data review and analysis review in context to the state program using large data sets like NFHS, Census etc. and make use for program implementation.
● Develop MLE related training plans and provide training for filed team, government officials and tele-callers.
● Identify gaps in reporting and monitoring based on field visits to school, community, anganwadi centers, districts, and blocks.
● Assist the State Manager-MLE in coordinating with the concerned Government officials to get updated and latest versions of all database (Contact number, MIS etc.) periodically.
● Ensure that all data collected is subjected to data quality assurance procedures.
● This position is open to postgraduates, with a background in any of these areas: statistics, econometrics, health economics, demography, operations research, public health, or related fields.
● At least 5 years of work experience in Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation (MLE) related areas. Work experience in reputed academic or research/survey organizations will be viewed favorably.
● Experience of developing, managing MIS, dashboard and online applications through professional agencies in the health and development sector;
● Prior experience with mobile or CAPI based surveys are highly preferred;
● Strong analytical skills having experience in using advanced level of MS-Excel is required;
● Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi.
- Ability to effectively communicate in Telugu is required.
● Highly motivated to achieve exceptional quality of data processes and results, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
● Strong project management skills and strict adherence to deadlines.
● “People” skills- the ability to manage multicultural and diverse teams with various levels of training and understanding.
● Ability to communicate effectively and assertively with people at all levels of the organization.
● Strong interest in social programs and desire to be a part of a young and diverse team.
● Work experience in reputed organizations will be viewed favorably.
● Experience in online data collection tools-ODK, Kobo collect or similar other platforms will be preferred;
● Knowledge of Stata/SPSS and/or programming experience will be viewed favorably;
● Strong knowledge of public health systems and experience with government systems will be an advantage;
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with people in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
● Strong communication skills (oral and written). Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization;
● Ability to Learn – Willingness to keep abreast of new development;
● Strong project management skills and strict adherence to deadlines.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with the individual’s credentials, experience, and previous pay scale.
All contracting arrangements will be made through EAII Advisors Private Limited. EAII is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at EAII is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. EAII does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, caste, creed, colour, religion, gender, origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis protected by law.
All candidates applying for the position should upload a resume along with cover letter mentioning current and expected salary.
We may end this search process earlier than the specified close date in case of exceptional candidates. Due to resource constraints, we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
Location: Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
Job date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 23:33:08 GMT