Job title: Customer Development Executive Nellore
Job description: No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 156885 – Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India
Who We Are
Colgate-Palmolive Company is a caring, innovative growth company that is reimagining a healthier future for all people, their pets and our planet. Focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, we sell our products in more than 200 countries and territories under brands such as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, hello, meridol, Sorriso, Tom’s of Maine, EltaMD, Filorga, Irish Spring, PCA SKIN, Protex, Sanex, Softsoap, Speed Stick, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Pet Nutrition.
We are recognized for our leadership and innovation in promoting sustainability and community wellbeing, including our achievements in decreasing plastic waste and promoting recyclability, saving water, conserving natural resources and improving children’s oral health.
If you want to work for a company that lives by their values, then give your career a reason to smile and join our global team!
Would you like to be part of a team that is building a future to smile about? What about having the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world, full of stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions?
If this is how you see your career, Colgate is the place to be!
Our dependable household brands, dedicated employees, and sustainability commitments make us passionate about building a future to smile about for our employees, consumers, and surrounding communities. We, at Colgate, take immense pride in our brand which fuels our workplace to encourage innovative thinking, champion experimentation, promote authenticity and thus contribute to our enduring success.
If you want to work for a company that lives by their values, then give your career a reason to smile…every single day !
Job Purpose :
Ensure width and depth of distribution of Colgate Palmolive products in the given zone and implementation of Customer Development strategies so as to achieve the sales and distribution objectives for the zone
Job Context & Challenges
- Ensure effective execution of the Customer Development strategies and roll out of schemes by closely working with the stockists, SSMs and PSRs across the zone.
Key Accountabilities :
- Trade management.
- Identify new markets/accounts and bring them under direct coverage on a regular basis
- Ensure addition of speciality wholesalers
- Ensure stores in route list are classified according to the accurate RE
- Ensure that SSM efforts are advised to reduce number of non-purchasers
- Ensure optimum usage of activations to drive sales
- Ensure sales call efficiency
- Selling stories range selling, handling objections, etc.
- Prioritise accounts for maximum impact through visibilities (ensure coverage of top 2 outlets in every route)
- Secure and draw insights from any competitive information available in public domain regarding:
- New products
- Any other developments
Data based working and communication
- Use data to drive overall business performance
- Setting objectives for market visits
- Reviewing sales associates and PSR performance against plan
- Reviewing stockist performance against plan
Developing and training
- Train and develop sales associates through required mode of training (e.g. new products, toothbrush assortment, focus on medical stores i.e. PASSION understanding)
- Mentor and empower sales associates to perform well by ensuring that CP benefits are availed by SSMs
- Acknowledge any issues faced by sales associates in the field and provide support to resolve it
- Conduct effective monthly and weekly sales associates meetings
- Compile reports and information as per requirements communicated by AM
- Maintain trust and understanding in working with stockist and trade in general, especially partner with key wholesalers to drive business
- Share success stories and Communicate program to build off-takes
- Mutually work towards category growth
- Resolve issues, etc.
- 3 plus years of work experience in FMCG/FMCD/Beverage/Telecom Companies
Professional Qualifications & Training :
- Essential: Post Graduate in Business Administration\
Our Commitment to Sustainability
With the Colgate brand in more homes than any other, we are presented with great opportunities and new challenges as we work to integrate sustainability into all aspects of our business and create positive social impact. We are determined to position ourselves for further growth as we act on our 2025 Sustainability & Social Impact Strategy.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our purpose starts with our people – ensuring our workforce represents the people and communities we serve -and creating an environment where our people feel they belong; where we can be our authentic selves, feel treated with respect and have the support of leadership to impact the business in a meaningful way.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.