Job title: Controlling – IT FRO Support
Job description: At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
- This role focuses on the consolidation, aggregation and analysis of all financial planning, analysis and decision support activities for the Global Information Technology (EY Technology) function within EY. This is a key support role to the Associate Director, EY Technology Finance and is a strategic business partner to the group. This role is expected to support the Associate Director, EY Technology Finance in providing financial direction on IT globalization efforts as well as to help drive the development, implementation and execution of action plans. This role will be global in nature.
- This will be a critical role for consolidating the overall EY Technology financials, the running costs of all IT projects, and of the planning, forecasting and budgeting costs
Your client responsibilities:
- Supporting the consolidation of all planning, budgeting, forecasting, activities for the global EY Technology groups. Specific focus will be placed on tracking meeting action items during these activities and follow up with Finance leads to ensure needed action items are addressed in time for timely and accurate consolidations.
- Provides financial input and details to finance leads on decision-making issues and action items impacting IT, focusing specifically on new consolidation activities for accurate reporting.
- Identifies significant operational and financial variances across the teams. Provides supporting details to Associate Director, EY Technology Finance to enable working with Business Aligned CFO roles to develop and understand variance analyses and recommends mitigating action plans. Executes against those action plans.
- Teams with Associate Director, EY Technology Finance to drive financial operational excellence for IT costs
- Works with geography analysts to get in-depth details to bring increased transparency and understanding around IT costs
- Participates in Global Finance work stream initiatives at the request of the Associate Director, EY Technology Finance
- Participates with broader EY Technology Finance team and supports staff members directly or indirectly in the development, implementation, and support of financial visibility to meet their business requirements
- Fosters an environment that promotes the sharing of knowledge and leading practices, and builds on learning to serve the organization
- Promotes effective teaming and strong utilization of Shared Services resources
Technical skills requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA or CPA (or equivalent) desirable
- Knowledge of Business Objects, GftFR, Hyperion SmartView, Essbase, SQL query and advanced level in Excel
- Experience in SAP desirable
- Experience in working in a globally deployed accounting organization
- At least 5+ years of experience in finance processes and policies
- Experience in managing a similar consolidation function – with a strong preference for previous experience in a technology environment
Additional skills requirements:
- Strong understanding of IT Finance – demonstrating knowledge of technology finance
- Strong listening, consultative, influencing and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills, and an ability to work well under deadlines, with attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- English language skills – excellent written and oral communication
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Location: Kochi, Kerala
Job date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 23:47:04 GMT