Job title: C# Azure Engineer
Job description: Business Divisions
Do you want to design and build attractive digital products and services? Do you want to play a key role in transforming our firm into an agile organization?
At UBS, we re-imagine the way we work, the way we connect with each other – our colleagues, clients and partners – and the way we deliver value. Being agile will make us more responsive, more adaptable, and ultimately more innovative.
We’re looking for a C# Azure Engineer to:
- design, develop, and improve the digital products and technology services we provide to our clients and employees
- apply a broad range of software engineering practices, from analyzing user needs and developing new features to automated testing and deployment
- ensure the quality, security, reliability, and compliance of our solutions by applying our digital principles and implementing both functional and non-functional requirements
- build observability into our solutions, monitor production health, help to resolve incidents, and remediate the root cause of risks and issues
- understand, represent, and advocate for client needs
- share knowledge and expertise with colleagues, help with hiring, and contribute regularly to our engineering culture and internal communities.
Information Technology (IT)
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
In our agile operating model, crews are aligned to larger products and services fulfilling client needs and encompass multiple autonomous pods.
You’ll be working in the Managing Investments Technology team focusing on providing high quality technology solutions to support Portfolio Management and Trading across UBS Asset Management.
You will be part of a pod working in agile ways of working to deliver a first-class scalable, digital and integrated Multi-Asset SPortfolio Management and Trading platform, specifically working on new initiatives to introduce a service based, event driven, messaging architecture in Azure.
- bachelor’s and/or master’s degree or equivalent focusing on computer science, computer engineering or a related technical discipline.
- strong experience with c# and .net core.
- strong experience with sql server and familiarity with other database technologies such as nosql.
- experience with cloud architecture and engineering is beneficial, ideally on microsoft azure (kubernetes service, container apps, app service, functions, event grid and service bus).
- experience with messaging platforms, ideally kafka.
- experience with containers, ideally kubernetes.
- experience with microservice and event-driven architecture is beneficial.
- agile, test driven development and devops practices are part of your dna.
- a software craftsperson focused on engineering best practices and delivering clean code.
- good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills, you like to figure out how things work.
- keen interest in understanding how the business works.
- passion for learning and innovation.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 05:56:10 GMT