Job title: Breeding Nursery Manager
Job description: At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Breeding Nursery Manager
- Ensure seed targets to align on global/regional metrics and to ensure implementation of new tools/technologies for improved efficiency to deliver the product and pipelines for India Rice markets/portfolio.
- Develop and implement specific seed operations solutions using analytical tools to drive problem resolution and process efficiencies. Implement medium- and long-term plans on process efficiencies and effectiveness.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Selection of best farmer plots, planting in ideal sowing window as per crop cycle, managing the agronomy and building good relationship with growers
- Collaborates with Breeders/Planning managers to meet the hybrid or nursery advancement timelines.
90% seed targets with right quality of hybrid seed from ICB/hand cross on time for field testing. * Contribute to operational effectiveness through optimization of nursery rows, labor, and land usage.
- Focus on field quality, ensure seed targets, and capture right data as needed.
- Maximizing the implementation of IT tools and drive mechanization.
- Conducting training’s/meetings with Field staff on regular basis, follow up for completing the tasks on time.
- Adherence to all ESH procedures, ISO, regulatory and compliance protocols, and business conduct protocols
KEY WORKING RELATIONS:
- Member of APAC breeding projects/initiatives as related to technology adoption and process efficiencies.
- Establish tight linkages and partnerships with TPD, Product Supply and other Breeding functions to assure alignment on pipeline targets, and new product opportunities.
- Key partner with Product supply and SPR
- High accountability for operational efficiency across seed operations
WHO YOU ARE:
- MS degree in Plant Breeding, Agronomy, seed science or other relevant agricultural sciences with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in product delivery or nursery management
- PhD degree in the relevant area is desirable.
- Ability to influence other members of the organization to help achieve goals and increase performance.
- Proven record of strong results orientation with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to build relationships and partnerships within and outside the organization.
Bayer does not charge any fees whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not entertain such demand for payment by any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any Bayer Group entity(ies) worldwide under any pretext.
Please don’t rely upon any unsolicited email from email addresses not ending with domain name “bayer.com” or job advertisements referring you to an email address that does not end with “bayer.com”. YOUR APPLICATION
Bayer is an equal opportunity employer that strongly values fairness and respect at work. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of race, religion, gender, age, physical characteristics, disability, sexual orientation etc. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.