Job title: Amazon – Senior Corporate Counsel Role – Satellites – Project Kuiper
Job description: Senior Corporate Counsel – Satellites, Project Kuiper
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
We are looking for a stellar regulatory lawyer to join Kuiper Legal.
– You will be responsible for regulatory filings in India and several other countries and will support internal and external regulatory meetings. The successful candidate will be embedded with Project Kuiper’s Regulatory team, but also work closely with Kuiper’s technical teams, public policy and other stakeholders throughout Amazon as needed.
– You will learn the technical details of our innovative constellation, satellites, software and ground-based infrastructure. You will regularly strategize about the best ways we can work with regulators to benefit our customers, particularly those in unserved and underserved communities.
– We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about technology, enjoys being continually challenged, and demonstrates sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
– This position will be based in Delhi. Some travel will be required.
– Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
– Outstanding Legal academic qualification
– 10+ years of post-qualification legal experience at a law firm or in-house counsel role
– 7+ years of regulatory experience
– Experience with satellite communications and regulatory filings
– Excellent English, both spoken and written
– Ability to travel as needed
– A mix of law firm and in-house experience
– Ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment
– Ability to work independently while contributing successfully to cross-functional teams